Smile Magazine
Welcome Back! Please, Log-in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Smile Magazine
Welcome Back! Please, Log-in.
Smile Magazine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your first subject

+5
Manar
Shaikha
Mariah
Aida
Ms. Dana
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Your first subject Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:23 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

First topic message reminder :

Sahar suggested that we have one central topic that all other ideas revolve around it. What do you think?

https://smilemagazine.forumotion.com

51Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:40 am

Sahar

Sahar

Ms. Dana wrote:How about we ask them to make a corner to teach photoshop tricks? o.o?

About islamic sayings: "it's lovely but i dont want just translations of things we heard in Arabic." what about Non-Arab Muslim?

What about interviewing non-Arab Muslim. I was just in a Muslim Forum for non Arabs.. and MY GOOOOOD U_U"" they had so many wrong ideas about islam!!
wallah my heart was hurting and burning. sigh..
yeah it is better to have a simple lesson rather than showing pics only...i'm with u...i'll ask them to register here then we share this idea with them..
non-arab muslims......yes it a greaaaat idea....but wt exactly we supposed to talk about..their mistakes?..or their achievements in calling for islam??...cuz i immidiatly remebered Ahmad Deedat so i got the idea as if we talk about great non-arab muslims...

52Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:44 am

Sahar

Sahar

let's have the list of the ideas here...and put check on the items the magazine will contain.....
could i make it???
Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

53Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:45 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

XD

i give ideas, and you (the staff) should work out the details.
*runs away* <-- great leader, huh XD

54Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:06 am

Sahar

Sahar

ok...here is the list...
let's decide now to start workin' HOW to present these ideas in interesting way....
time is money... Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_bounce
-one central topic
the main topic is about self-development plus the topic that we want to cover
-stdz experiences in failing and getting over obstacles...how??..by wt??
-corner for personal problems with solves..
-column for Be positive.
-special occasions for stdz...
-jobs opportunities for english stdz
-non-arab muslims corner.
-teachers' experiences in college life.
-page for beauty..
-corner for photoshop talented
Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_cheers

55Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:23 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

can you check and see if i missed anything?

56Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:25 am

Abeer

Abeer

Good job Sahar. I already started working on the beauty page.
Ms. can I work in another page also?

57Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:28 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

what page would you like?

58Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 am

Sahar

Sahar

I can take job opportunities Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_cool

59Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 am

Abeer

Abeer

Ms. may I write in the beauty and health page?

60Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:32 am

Abeer

Abeer

Sahar may I help you in that page( job opportunities)??

I really feel that I am useless because you are so great girls who know what to do.

61Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

alright but remember nothing boring and repeated.

62Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 am

Abeer

Abeer

Ms. what is the personal problems' section talks about?

63Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

something like Ask Mama Aneesah, i guess.
but i hate those topics are so boring.
so who ever would want to take it, should think a lot of HOW to present it.

64Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:59 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

must .. go .. sleep
=_=
i'll leave you ladies to do the late shift Razz

G'night

65Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 am

Aida

Aida

Wow i see a great things happened

http://www.formspring.me/yoode

66Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am

Abeer

Abeer

Good night Ms.
Hi Aida how are you? About the interview with Ms.Mashaal did you start to write the questions if you plez may y send them to me? in order to see if I can add more.

And about the personal problems' section I think that our psycological Ms. (who teaches psycology to L6) may help us.

What do you think girls?

67Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:14 am

Sahar

Sahar

i'm with u...
Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

68Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:32 am

Abeer

Abeer

Girls does the magazine will be issued weakly on monthly?

And what do think about making a special part in the page of beuty to the hair designs?

69Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:38 am

Aida

Aida

Happy Girl wrote:Girls does the magazine will be issued weakly on monthly?

And what do think about making a special part in the page of beuty to the hair designs?
it is monthly
ya good idea
and plz check your PM Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

http://www.formspring.me/yoode

70Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

^^

May god bless you all!!

Great ideas! MSA..

Shaikah your idea is nice..

About the handcrafts..

Me and Mary are going to talk about this in the "talent scout"

We thought of talking about a special talent every issue..

for this issue ISA..

we were thinking about Decoupage or "كولاج"
the art of sticking things "papers and any thing stickable"
with glue..
to present any peace of art!!

like these..

Your first subject - Page 2 12653495941
Your first subject - Page 2 12653495942
Your first subject - Page 2 12653495953

So, what do you think?

Should we talk about one thing each issue.. or
put a section of many talents..
then talk about st special..

What do you think?

71Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Abeer

Abeer

Hi girls

I really love your idea Bothaina i really love such pages.

72Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Manar

Manar

Bothaina
yes every month talk about one kinda talent
i know alot of girls do this kind of art

so give them thier space to show off

73Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Abeer

Abeer

Girls what do you think about making a part in the beauty page for girls who know to design clothes? Like competetions. For example the first month for designers the second for hair styles etc.

74Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

Abeer & Manar

Thank you sweaties..
^^

Sorry for my late reply
I've just noticed that tongue

Manar ,can you talk to the girls you know?
I talked to one of my friends ..
but it seems that she can't : (

So, I'll need talented people with this kind of art..

~I had my own experience with this art.. it was great!
but I want other girls to show their talents..

I'm sure we have a lot..

But I can't find'em : (

75Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

Happy Girl wrote:Girls what do you think about making a part in the beauty page for girls who know to design clothes? Like competetions. For example the first month for designers the second for hair styles etc.

Nice idea!
I really like it.

Some girls are fashion designing crazy!

They will love to "show off" their talent
as Manar said.

76Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Abeer

Abeer

I am really working on that idea and I sent some emails to my friends .

77Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:11 am

Shaikha

Shaikha

HELLO,

I`m wondering if we can have a section about readers writings "light a candle"

& you Ms.Dana comments on thier writings?

I can take this section if it`s OK.?

78Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:16 am

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

XD take it easy on me ladies.
i was your teacher not superwoman XD
you know how much i correct papers and the time i spend on My Translation forum + my Translation project students which leaves me little time for the magazine and having to correct extra material will finish me off and i will run away from this university XD. hehehe

the idea in theory is awesome but in application, it's the same as the essay classes. So let's again kindly point them to pay attention there.

79Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:15 am

Abeer

Abeer

Hi again I can't sleep. I have an idea about the personal problems' section. If we just write some questions and answers,I think it will be boring. So, while I was reading a magazine I have got this idea. What about making psycological tests?

80Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

the idea is fun but can you make up the exam yourself?
because i hate takinf the effort from anywhere but our our own head.

81Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Azhar

Azhar

Hello MS
I think the students would like to read some good advices
I suggest to put spesial corner about good advices, how about you ? Your first subject - Page 2 Herz

Last edited by Azhar on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

82Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Shaikha

Shaikha

Salam

I see we have a corner for Go Green. I know the leader of this campaign Do you wanna call her to join us!!
Or it`s for Ms.Lamees!?

83Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Shaikha

Shaikha

Hi Azhar

glad to have you^^

Your idea is great I really love advice columns, but in our magazine we want sth creative not
boring... So, we have advice corner but in an attractive way as interviews =).

We will be sure most stz get benefit from.

Thanks alot Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .

84Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Abeer

Abeer

Hi Azhar how are y?

About your idea, what kind of advice do you mean specifically? And if you really like this section you may talk to Ms.Dana to be your section

85Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

Shaikha wrote:Salam

I see we have a corner for Go Green. I know the leader of this campaign Do you wanna call her to join us!!
Or it`s for Ms.Lamees!?

i am waiting for Bothaina to get the leaders involved with us. I am still waiting for go green representative.

86Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Azhar

Azhar

shaikha thank you

.happy girl , I meant every mounth i will talk about different advices. Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

87Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

Ms. Dana wrote:
Shaikha wrote:Salam

Or it`s for Ms.Lamees!?

i am waiting for Bothaina to get the leaders involved with us. I am still waiting for go green representative.

I've talked to the leaders:)

And now I waiting for a reply : )

88Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Shaikha

Shaikha

So is that mean no one could reach Go Green?

At this time I can reach the leader Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_biggrin .

89Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Abeer

Abeer

Girls I will talk to one of these companies to have a sample from their products to put it in my page:
The Body Shope- Olay(if I can)- Nevia
What do you think?

90Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Azhar

Azhar

body shop is great idea ( happy girl )

91Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

^^

Shaikah I've sent them a message already..

Just waiting for their reply..

Thanx dear anyway : )

92Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

^^
Abeer

Ya these brands are popular Smile

You can include other brands like...
bourjois..
M.A.C << girls love this

Azhar..

Happy to have you here!

93Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

Ms Mashaeal just texted me saying that the men section were excited about our magazine and would like to have a copy of it.

However, they want a translated version of it as well. <--- Don't Men know english? i am sure they do but i think its for other departments.

YAYY!!!
we are making news before the magazine is borne!!

So for this time only, when we finish this issue. each one has to translate back to Arabic what she has written in English

94Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Bothainah

Bothainah

GREAT TEACHER!!!!!!!!

MSA..

Doors of The Departments History!!
Open WIDE!! <so happy!!^^

mmm..

Ms.Dana do we have to translate :"(

95Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Abeer

Abeer

I rock I rock Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_rr
I am so happy to hear such news.
Ms. How come that the men in the English department don't know English? Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_eek
Or do you want a translated eddition to the all sections?

Last edited by Happy Girl on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

96Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Shaikha

Shaikha

Shaikah I've sent them a message already..

Just waiting for their reply..

Thanx dear anyway : )

You are welcome =)

I wanna be more helpful.

97Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Shaikha

Shaikha

YAAAAAAAAAY

ISA our magazine is gonna be more than they expected Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_biggrin ..

It would nice translating it into Arabic^^.

Is it only 1 copy in Arabic Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_scratch ?

98Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Shaikha

Shaikha

Abeer

Great idea Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

99Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Ms. Dana

Ms. Dana
Admin

yes Bothaina we will have to translate U_U""
but just this one issue.

and why they want it in Arabic?

I guess so the English department can show off in front of other departments.

Because they don't know English, they will immediately think it has a devil in the pages XD

100Your first subject - Page 2 Empty Re: Your first subject Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Manar

Manar

^

LOL

maybe !!! why not Your first subject - Page 2 Icon_twisted

---

wow i'm so excited !!!
about the translation thing UU" ahh

it's fine with me but I'm worried about u ms.Dana u have to correct all of our translations Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum